Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Drawings

 Improvement pictures, I guess.

This is from 2007-10, I'm not sure.


 Over time, many changes have occured and some character designs have changed a lot.




















I did this over the last few weeks. I don't work on it on an everyday basis, sort of like 10-30minutes every 3-4 days so the going was very slow. The characters, who are in a storyline I've been struggling to develop since year 7, have, as I said, changed a lot hence why some of them have moved around and look different, but you should still be able to see recognise some characters. I's funny but I think while my art skills improved a bit, my colouring got worse.

Actually I'm concerned somewhat that I haven't improved much in 5-2 years...

On the first picture (are you reading this C) was done entirely in some bi-colours set C got mefor Secret Santa or Kris Kringle or...something. I wanted this picture to be in the same colours as the first, but it seems I've lost a lot of those pencils lol.



Below is a not-so-new picture I started at te begining of the year, sometime in the summer. However, I thought I lost it but I found it last week when I was throwing away some drawings. Still haven't decided what to do with my Daily Doodle ones, and I imagine you guys don't care. Anyways, I'm going to colour it soon but my coloured versions always look worse than the lead pencil sketch so I thought I would show you guys the original before I proceed.

 
It's funny that the main character, Ash, is the least develop sketch lol.
-------------------------

 CRAFTY STUFF

I'm not sure how many of you took the coin purse I made, I followed this tutorial except I made a few changes--no interfacing on the inside and only 1 or 2 fabrics on the outside and, most important, buttons as opposed to snaps. I didn't know where to buy snaps. Well, as I walked around Cabra after our outing, I saw Snaps for !$ for a packet. I wish I'd bother looking around when I made them--buttonholes are REALLY annoying to sew by hand, I hate it! Plus, you don't need to preserve my feelings, my sister told me the button colours were ugly and I should have got ones that matched. If I got snaps, the colour wouldn't matter-it's all metal so it would look professional-ish.

I was wonderin If I should get them...but then I don't know what I'll be sewing in the future.

Well actually I kind of do. There's some bag tutorials I've been looking at but I can't decide which one to make and I can't make all of them and there's so many--I don't like all of them but I feel some need to be more practical/functional than pretty.

---Things bags I think, if they turn out well enough, would be nice for outings and as a daily bag
These are big and roomy, not too pretty though. I was thinking they would be good for uni.
I pitched the idea to you guys before so I know you don't want to, but I'd like to go to the beach one day--WITH friends-aka YOU. Really, I already have a beach tote (or that's what I call it since its waterproof-I think) but I still like looking at other bags lol.
Personalised Clutch
These aren't the big bags I like. I think of these small bags more as potential gift ideas cause they're...small and I like big roomy ones.


Anyways sorry to bomb you with links--though I think none of you'll look through them all anyways.

I guess you're thinking I should just buy bags, but I guess I like the personal touch. Of blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment