In order to stave off boredom, my sister has decided to spend days cooking these holidays. I help her too. She does it mostly herself, measuring and mixing...but who knows where the ingredients are in Woolworths? Me!
Just so you know before proceeding, we do have cupcake pans, A few actually. However, they only fit into our stove oven not our oven oven. And yes, I realise we should've looked for silicon cupcake pans like Ju had at her house for her oven.
Anyways, our first cupcake/muffin...I don't know what's it called. My sister chose this because our mum bought a box of oranges. This one has orange zest. Since my sister wanted to do most of it and I'm lazy, I showed her how to use the sieze and told her to sieve at the orange and change spots before it got to the white underneath because the zest is just the orange bit of the skin, y'know. Anyways, when I came back I could see she did not listen to me...In some places juice was dripping through. After getting annoyed I demonstrated some more and left her to it, again. It was fine the second time.
Remember I said we didn't have cupcake pans? We just put the pattys together and hope it doesn't spill over. It turned out okay except instead of rising like normal cupcakes, they just spread into each other. Here's a picture I took after we ate three of them.The muffins were kinda squarish/rectangularish and filled up the whole pan. It looked stupid.
After this, my sister bought a cupcake recipe book and we spent days deciding which cupcake to make. We found this superbly simple one that was mostly great except...we didn't/don't have margarine so we used sunflower spread. The sunflower tasted really strong in the batter but it was thankfully fainter by the time it cooked. These cupcakes turned out more normal shaped than the orange one. They were yummy.
Before the holis ended, my sister wanted to make a chocolate cupcake. I wanted to make one of those with chocolate topping/cream...but we didn't end up doing that. We made this one just now. It doesn't taste much like chocolate. It was really fluffy, maybe we should've used less SR flouring and added some plain flour. Anyways, tastes plain.
Before the holis end, I would like to make a butter cake. And decorate it with choclate squiggles or choc shavings as well as whipped cream! But I don't think I should bake anymore and finally start studying.
Man, there's just a few wee days left. Gonna fail my tests.
No comments:
Post a Comment